- Exemplar Health (PDP) will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, age, mental or physical disability, health status, receipt of health care, claims experience, medical history, genetic information, evidence of insurability, or geographic location
- We will not target potential enrollees from higher income areas, state or imply that plans are only available to seniors rather than to all Medicare beneficiaries, or state or imply that plans are only available to Medicaid beneficiaries unless the plan is a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan
Exemplar Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Exemplar Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
• Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
○ Qualified sign language interpreters
○ Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
• Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
○ Qualified interpreters
○ Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the Civil Rights Coordinator.
If you believe that Exemplar Health has failed to provide these services or
discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Grievance Department, 1107 West Market Center Drive, High Point NC 27260, 1-888-217-2376, (TTY 711), Fax 214-321-1893, email@example.com. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, a Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.